Resources for Parents
Parent communication is vital for the success of students and school! Please sign up for email notifications and Remind 101 notifications.
Remind 101 is for parents/care givers to receive texts from the school. All personal information remains completely confidential. This is vital for emergency situations such as school closure due to weather and also to remind you about special school events such as free dress day etc!
To sign up for Remind 101:
- Enter this number (512) 961.1537
- Text this message:@smithaca
Standard message rates apply.
To unsubscribe; reply with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
To receive the Principal’s weekly School Newsletter via email, send an email to: SmithAcademyInfo@gmail.com
- We reserve the right to cancel any class that does not register enough students to make a successful class.
- Class dress code will be enforced in all classes. No exceptions to this rule. If you do not wish to purchase the designated class attire, do not register your child for this class. ALL students will wear the same required outfit for their classes.
- Proper behavior is expected and required, along with respect for teachers, equipment, school property, and other students.
- All tuition is due on the first day of each month, a late fee of $35.00 is added to the account after the 5th of the month.
- There is a $35.00 charge for any returned checks.
- We are unable to provide a refund on registration fees. But please note that this fee is good for one year, as long as the student continues taking class. If, for any reason, a student does not pay for class or attend for 30 days or more, re-registration is required. After 30 days of no attendance, or non-payment, the student is removed from the “active” enrollment and a new registration fee and form is required to become “active” again and this is providing that there is still space in the class or program.
- Class fees are based on a four week month. If there are five weeks or class days in a month, there is no extra charge for the extra class or days.
- If the school is closed for a legal holiday, there are no reductions in fees nor are there any make up classes. The school follows AISD for closures. If school is canceled or has a late start for a bad weather day, there will not be a make up day scheduled unless there has been 5 bad weather days already taken for the current school year.
- Smith Academy is not required to provide a substitute class. If a student misses due to illness, vacation, etc., there are no make up classes. Students must take classes on the days designated when the student enrolls.
- All fees are for a month. Preschool enrollment is annual. Monthly tuition is due each month of the year until such time as a written two week notice of withdrawal has been turned into our main office.
- New registration is done each August lst. Private school enrollment is from the start of a new term (late August through May.)
- Tuition is due by the 1st of each month unless a written two week notice of withdrawal has been submitted to our main office.
Smith Academy has a state of the art security system so that no one without an access code can enter any area/building on campus.
Visitors without codes can only enter the waiting room in the front office and must show proper ID to be admitted into the building through a locked door.
Smith Academy students participate in regularly scheduled fire drills, shelter in place drills, and intruder drills.